This Sausage Alfredo Boat recipe is so easy to make, healthy, and comforting! It’s the perfect simple and satisfying throw together meal if you are on a weight loss journey!
1 large spaghetti squash
1 pack of chicken sausages (4 total)
2 cups spinach
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
Garlic powder, salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice spaghetti squash in half, if not already sliced (be careful!). Microwaving the spaghetti squash for 8 minutes (4 on the top & the bottom) makes cutting it much easier.
- Scoop out seeds from center of spaghetti squash.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, spray it with an oil spray.
- Bake spaghetti squash, cut side faced down, for 30 minutes.
- While spaghetti squash is cooking, slice sausage into coin shapes and stir fry on the stove top with alfredo sauce, cherry tomatoes and spinach on low-medium heat.
- Remove spaghetti squash from the oven.
- Shred spaghetti squash with a fork, keeping the “spaghetti” strands in the boat.
- Add sauce, sausage, spinach cherry tomatoes mixture and seasonings to the boat, mix contents together.
- Bake for another 5 minutes, then broil for 3 minutes.