Taco night just got even better.
Let’s face it; nothing can replace a taco. But this spaghetti squash bowl does do the trick if you’re looking for the same taste profile but in a healthier form!
This is a great option for kids too! The textures and taste hide the fact that this is a great big bowl of veggies!
- Spaghetti squash (cooking instructions below)
- Ground Turkey, 99% lean and cooked with taco seasoning, garlic powder and sea salt
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cilantro lime dressing from Trader Joes
- Pickled red onion
- Cojita cheese
- Fresh squeezed lime juice
- Handful of arugula
How to cook the squash:
1. Poke the spaghetti squash several times with a knife and microwave whole for 5 minutes. You can skip this step and roast longer, but I like to make the cutting easier, and speed up the roasting process.
2. Cut off the tougher end with the stem, and then cut the squash in half lengthwise. (You can also cut across the shorter axis if you prefer longer noodles.) Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, spray with a mist of oil spray and sprinkle liberally with kosher salt and pepper. Flip them face down and roast for 20-25 minutes at 375. If you skip the microwave, roast for about 45 minutes until slightly tender.
3. Flip them over right after you pull them out so they don’t continue to steam. Using a fork, fluff and pull the squash into strands.