It may or may not be holiday season, but these energy balls are always a great option no matter what time of year!
Gingerbread energy balls are the best on-the-go snack to keep you moving and groovin and not reaching for that bag of potato chips.
I recommend always having some of these pre-made and ready to grab in the fridge, and they are great for airplanes!
- 10 Medjool dates soaked in warm water
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg
- Chia seeds (optional to coat balls with)
- Remove the pits from dates and soak them in warm water for several minutes. Drain but keep the water
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend on high until it forms into a ball and is smooth throughout
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out dough and roll between your palms to form your balls
- If coating, roll in chia seeds and shake off excess. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet or plate and place in the refrigerator to harden